Tuesday, October 6, 2015

My Happy Place!

My Happy Place

 

I love the range. It’s my happy place!! It’s where I go to forget about everything going on in the real world. For those couple of hours, life is pure bliss!

You want to know why the range makes me happy?

When I am on the range, all my troubles magically melt away as soon as I pull into the parking lot. My not so smart phone immediately gets ignored ! It could be that I can’t hear it, or possibly that I lost it? or maybe it’s because I’m just too darn busy having fun .

My mind is quickly cleared of all that crappy clutter that stresses me out. Thoughts about deadlines, bills, dentist appointments, is my son going to live with me forever? Why do we have to age? All gone! I am fully focused on the task at hand. Putting lead down range. Ok, I confess, maybe I’m also thinking about how I can slip some rocks into a few people’s pockets, or tape on someone’s back without being caught! Either way, I’m living in real time. Enjoying the moment and nothing else.

I find like minded people at the range. Always ready to talk guns, share guns, and shoot guns! I think we all have the same addiction and I’m ok with that. There are much worse things in life to be addicted , like…. purses? Ugh. No thanks, not my cup of tea. Now, chocolate on the other hand , runs a close second to the guns.

I crave the out doors. I enjoy being in the fresh air. Feeling the warm sun, or a cool breeze. Watching the hawks gliding so gracefully high in the sky over the range. Although the weather may not always be ideal, It still feels good ! And when you do get that ideal shooting weather? It’s like Heaven on earth! Life is good!

Where is your happy place? Come on, what are you waiting for? Let’s go get Happy

Some of my friends at my Happy Place!
                                                             Some more friends

No comments:

Post a Comment