Saturday, January 2, 2016

Camaraderie

: a feeling of good friendship among the people in a group

Camaraderie is what I experience among the shooting community.  I am constantly amazed at how supportive and helpful everyone is to each other.  If you show up to a match without an important piece of equiptment,( like your gun??) rest assured, hope is not all lost!  Someone will help you if at all possible.  How do I know this?  I have witnessed it first hand at a major match and at ranges on a regular basis.  One such incidence,  A guy forgot his competition rig.  This would surely mean his 3+ hour car drive and match fees would go to waste if it were not for his competitors quickly spreading the word and finding everything he needed.  I've seen people's guns break, sights fall off, run out of ammo and yes, I drove an hour + to a match only to realize I forgot my gun and complete strangers come to the rescue.  These are the kind of people with whom I like to keep company. 

If you forget your lunch, need some advil, or just have a question, someone is always willing to offer a helping hand.  There is a true sense of camaraderie in the shooting community.  This I know to be true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment