Monday, November 3, 2014

A New Journey


My journey began with taking a class.  I had no idea what to expect. This was uncharted waters for me.  The idea of guns seems to be a topic people do not discuss openly often, so I kept this new adventure to myself.
The class was a huge success. I struck gold when I found my instructor, Bill McEwen, of shootgreat.net. This is a man who is passionate about teaching with a strong focus on safety.  We seemed to hit it off immediately and Bill became my coach, meeting me at the range and sharing his guns and knowledge with me. Ultimately guiding me in my purchase of my first firearm.

Being a woman and shopping for my first firearm was intimidating to say the least.  Armed with a list of recommended guns, I headed off to my first gun store.  (Kings shooter supply) Talk about a fish out of water! Not at all like the shopping experience I am accustomed .  I tried my best to look confident even though I was beginning to sweat from nervousness!  After asking to handle a few guns, the sales man asked, " are you sure this is your first firearm purchase?"  "Yes, why?" I answered. " because you seem to know more about  handling and manipulating a firearm than most first timers" he said.  Wow! That instantly made me feel better. My coach must have taught me well. Although I did get quite a bit of unsolicited advise from other male customers, overall, I felt everyone was genuinely trying to be helpful. It could only get easier from here!  Next stop... The Gun Show!

No comments:

Post a Comment